I’ve said before that I’ve lost my passion, so I need to try to find a new one that is just for me and doesn’t revolve around my kids.
I’m good at thinking, to the point of over-thinking sometimes… I’m not so good at taking actions on my ideas. So my plan is to organize some of my thoughts and see if I can dig into my interests. I figure if I can get them out of my head and in written format they will become more tangible and actually plausible.
This isn’t a definitive list, it is a bit of a brainstorming session, so it could change in the future, but it’s nice to have a starting point. These 3 lists are based off of my action plan for the week (see how it’s good for me to have simple goals?).
Things that I really enjoy doing, learning about or could be passionate about:
- Thrift Shopping
- Positive Psychology
- Making smoothies 🙂
- Going to the Beach
- Tubing/ Waterslides
- Planning kids birthday parties
Things that I have thought of doing but haven’t:
- Hosting a giant scavenger hunt
- Organizing some kind of mixer for singles
- Writing a children’s book
- Writing a dating adventures book
- Participating in a flash mob, lol
- Searching for waterfalls
- Learning to crochet
- Video blogging
Online projects that I have thought of but not pursued and list valid reasons for not doing them:
- Dating adventures blog – thinking about this more these days but I would need to get people to tell me their stories, I can’t write them all from my experience.
- Selling second hand stuff online – there are more sites out there than I expected when I did the first little bit of research, still haven’t fully ruled this out but stopped looking at it for some reason.
- Marketing blog – I have experience with this one but feel like there are tons of great resources out there already.
- A blog about living within your budget – I have the experience to write this one but sometimes feel like this area is saturated and may not be the best area to choose.
- A blog about mind training/ positive psychology – I really am only a beginner in this area so not confident with how far I could take this.
- How to be Social for the Anti-Social- I didn’t really explore this one fully, not sure if it is a viable subject and not sure what I would blog about.
(These reasons may or may not be valid but they are why I haven’t done anything yet. )
So what’s the next step here?
I think I need to really spend some time considering what to do with this information. As I’m unemployed I’ve been tossing around the idea of starting something up online (as you can see by the 3rd list). I think maybe I should take these lists and play with them this week. Cut ideas out, possibly add some more, and see if I can come up with one realistic project. A project that could be viable as an online income because I think that’s really where I want to go but have been afraid to try it.
Btw, I took that picture above and added some text to it. It’s actually a picnic table that is on fire and I think it’s a pretty cool pic.