I went out on a date with Sven last night, dinner and a movie, it was very nice, right up until the end but I’ll get to that shortly.
I feel like I don’t know what I’m doing with Sven. We get along great, he’s easy to talk to, I’d like to get to know him better but his life is in transition to say the least. Here are the facts:
- He was physically separated from his wife for two months. His apartment was only a sublet so when that ran out and he couldn’t find another place he moved back into the house with his wife, into the spare room. That’s right, he is actually living with his ex right now.
- He is signing a year lease on an apartment this Saturday and will be moving into his new apartment in October. He says he has a calendar marking off the days.
- He assures me that he and his wife have been living like room mates for the past couple of years and he really is ready to date.
- He constantly refers to her as his “wife” as opposed to his ex because the whole separation is so new.
- He is very sweet and thoughtful and is taking my lead on this whole dating thing for the most part.
- We have gone on 5 dates and we have not had a real first kiss yet. I have not taken things this slow since high school.
- I expected last night to be the first kiss but when I dropped him off at the end of the night, there were people in his driveway and he assumed one of them was his “wife” so mostly I just wanted to leave and the kiss turned into a peck.
- I felt very unhappy and confused at the end of the night last night. Mostly because I feel like perhaps we should put things on hold for at least a few weeks until he moves into his own place.
- I have no interest in being the “other woman” in anyone’s life.
- Another part of me says that I could be over-thinking things and to just let things play out, slowly.
So with all of that I don’t really know what to do. The whole adage of there’s another fish in the sea kind of sucks when you’re in your 40s. I’ve seen the other fish and the options are VERY limited. It’s not easy to find a smart guy who you have things in common with and who thinks you are HAWT. But I don’t even know if he is a good kisser yet.
If any of you have any thoughts, I’m open to opinions right about now.