This list of reading material focuses on gratitude, positivity and living healthier. It can be blogs, poems, fb groups or even old-school books. Anything that stresses being thankful for what you have, the positive things going on in your life and making healthier choices for the mind, body and spirit.
As an FYI, I’ve read many of these books, blogs, FB feeds but I can’t say I’ve read all of them. The ones that haven’t been read are on my “to read” list. Feel free to peruse and help yourself to anything that looks interesting. I’ll add more items when I find stuff I like and feel free to help me add to the list.
- God on a Harley – Joan Brady
- Chicken Soup for the Soul, The Power of Positive – Jack Canfield, Mark Victor Hansen, and Amy Newmark
- The Four Agreements – Don Miguel Ruiz
- happy – Ian K. Smith, M.D.
- 29 Gifts – Cami Walker
- The Power of Now – Eckhart Tolle
- think – Lisa Bloom (This book is really about living a better life as a woman, how you can change things, think more and make a difference. It’s worth reading.)
- bel canto – Ann Patchett
- Positive Outlooks – https://www.facebook.com/positiveoutlooks
- The Letters of Gratitude – https://www.facebook.com/TheLettersOfGratitude
- The Happy Gym- https://www.facebook.com/thehappygym
- A Fresh Start – https://www.facebook.com/Freshstartfriends
- Be HAPPIER in your HOME
- Dumb Little Man is a blog loaded up with self-help and inspirational type stuff, for example: 7 Mental Mistakes that Stop You from Living a Life of Freedom and Peace and 6 Unconventional, But Scientific Ways To Be The Happiest Person On Earth.
- The 20 Things You Need To Let Go To Be Happy
- 4 Steps to Bliss: How to Overcome Negative Or Difficult Situations and Maintain Your Positivity
- The Oprah Magazine – June 2012 edition
- This video is pretty cheesy but does have valid points – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YAzAu3Ut6c
- I love this Ted Talk on Positive Psychology, it was the basis of my Revive Your Brain challenge – http://www.ted.com/talks/shawn_achor_the_happy_secret_to_better_work.html
- Why Happiness is the New Productivity from Mindvalley: http://www.mindvalley.com/flow
- Wake up to an inspired life, Kristine Carlson tells you that you don’t have to wait for tragedy to wake you up, you can wake up to an inspired life now – Wake Up to an Inspired Life: Kristine Carlson at TEDxGreenbrookSchool